These some basic steps help cautiously avoid security breaches or data theft.
- Donot open or reply to a suspicious message or click on its attachments or links.
- Never trust an email that asks for personal, corporate, financial or other sensitive information.
- Never copy and paste links from suspicious emails.
- Never click on untrusted, shortened URLs as they might be masking a link to malware.
- Verify the sender details clearly. Normally emails are masked with some know sources Like Bank, Tax or from friends.
- Always look for typos because many phishing emails contain grammatical errors and misspelled words.
- Double check before downloading any attachments in the email
- Dont download any files,torrent files, applications from unsecured site